To the extent permissible under applicable laws, no responsibility is assumed for any injury and/or damage to persons, animals or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any ideas, instructions, methods, products or procedures contained in the Site. If the Content contained on this site contains medical or health sciences information, it is intended for professional use within the medical field. No suggested test or procedure should be carried out unless, in the reader's judgment, its risk is justified. Because of rapid advances in the medical sciences, we recommend that the independent verification of diagnoses and drug dosages should be made. Discussions, views, and recommendations as to medical procedures, products, choice of drugs, and drug dosages are the responsibility of the authors.
2. Maintenance of the Site
The Site is maintained, controlled and operated by MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk from its facilities in the United Kingdom. The Site is hosted in the United Kingdom, and all data and information relating to the Site will be held there. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk makes no representations that the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the provision and quantity of any feature, product or service to any person or geographic area. Any offer for any feature, product or service made on the Site is void where prohibited. Those who access or use the Site from other jurisdictions do so on their own initiative. You agree to comply with all local, state, federal and national laws and regulations that apply to your use of the Site.
3. Use of the Site
3. In order to have access to all features of the Site (e.g., to be able to upload your own videos), you will have to create an account by registering as a full MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk Member. You may never use another Member’s registered details without permission.
4. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time.
5. You must be 16 years of age or older to use the Site. If you are under 16 years of age, you may not use the Site.
1. Membership of MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk is open only to individuals resident in the United Kingdom who are 18 years of age or older. By registering as a MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk Member, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse any membership applications.
2. When registering, you must provide true, accurate and complete information. We will ask for your GMC number, or if you are a medical professional, other than a doctor, or if you are a student or otherwise engaged in medical education we will ask you to provide the name and GMC number of a doctor with whom you work or the details of a teaching professional with whom you study in order that we may verify your identity. We appreciate that this is more onerous than other website registration requirements but we wish to ensure, so far as is possible, that all materials on this site are contributed by those with appropriate qualifcations and training.
4. Membership is free. Membership is personal to you, and is not transferable. You shall be solely responsible for ensuring that any and all details (including your email address) held about you by MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk are kept up to date and are correct.
6. If your membership of MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk is terminated, for whatever reason, all of your entries into any competitions run by MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk shall also be removedany Member Contributions you have contributed will remain live on the Site unless your request their removal pursuant to our Notice and Take Down procedure. Your Member contributions may still be included in the ranking system but shall not be eligible to win any prize(s) as a result of such inclusion. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk’s proprietary rights, disclaimers of warranties, indemnities, limitations of liability and miscellaneous provisions shall survive any termination of your membership.
5. Unauthorised use of the Site
1. You may not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorised purpose.
2. You may not use or launch any "robot”, "spider” or other automated system to catalogue, download, store or otherwise reproduce or distribute content available on the Site or to manipulate the results of any activity carried out on the Site, including, but not limited to, prize competitions. Despite the foregoing, MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
3. You may not take any action to interfere with the Site or any other User's use of it, including, but not limited to, overloading, "flooding", "mailbombing" or "crashing" the Site.
4. You may not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information (including, without limitation, account names) from the Site, and you may not use the communication systems provided by the Site for any commercial solicitation purposes.
5. You may not send unsolicited emails or post communications, including promotions or advertisements, via the Site or solicit, for commercial purposes, any Users of the Site with respect to their User Contributions.
6. You may not forge or hide your true identity in any postings or emails.
7. You may not frame portions of the Site within any other website, alter the appearance of the Site or establish links from any other website to the Site other than to the home page without our prior written consent.
6. Intellectual Property
7. Information on the Site
1. The information displayed on the Site, in particular the Member Contributions is intended for general information purposes only. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk accepts no liability for the accuracy or completeness of information displayed on the Site. The views and opinions expressed on the Site are not necessarily those of MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk.
2. Whilst MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk takes steps to ensure that Member Contributions are submitted by bona fide medical professionals and students it cannot guarantee the identity of any Member. The information posted is intended as an aid to learning and sharing of ideas and research but should not be relied upon in substitution for formal training. If you have concerns about the views expressed in any Member Contribution please follow our Notice and Take Down procedure set out at paragraph 10 below.
8. Third-party websites
The Site may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or maintained by MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk and information about products and services offered by third parties. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party websites. In addition, MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk will not and cannot independently verify, censor or edit the content of any third-party website. The availability of any link or reference to any third party shall in no way constitute an endorsement by MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk of that third party. Any software that may be downloaded from a website operated by a third party is the responsibility of that third party, and MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk accepts no liability for any loss or damage caused by viruses or otherwise arising as a result of your downloading such software.
9. Member Contributions
1. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk permits the submission of Member Contributions and the hosting, sharing and/or publishing of such Member Contributions. You acknowledge that whether or not such Member Contributions are published, MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any submissions. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk does not guarantee that it will post all submissions.
2. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk will not screen Member Contributions for their content but will apply technologies that, as far as is reasonably possible, render the identity of any patients unrecognisable. Please do not submit any Member Contribution that features a minor (person under 18) as a patient.
3. By submitting any Member Contribution to MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk, you irrevocably and unconditionally grant the following rights:
1. You grant to MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk and each of MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk’s successors in title (“Successors”) a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licenseable, transferable and assignable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, reformat, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, broadcast and otherwise make available to the public, and to exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to, such Member Contribution and/or to incorporate such Member Contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed throughout the world for the full period of any rights that may exist in such User Contribution (including all renewals, revivals and extensions of the same, whether the right to such renewals, revivals or extensions now exists or is hereafter created);
2. You grant to MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk and each Successor each and every consent that may be required under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and any other laws now or in future in force in any part of the world which may be required by MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk, its successors, licensees and assigns throughout the world fully to exploit such Member Contribution;
4. In connection with the permitted use of such Member Contribution in accordance with the above licences and grants of rights: (A) you hereby waive in favour of MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk, each Successor and each User all so-called "moral rights" or similar rights now existing or created in the future in any part of the world in respect of such User Contribution; and (B) you grant to MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk, each Successor and each User the non-exclusive right to use your name and any nickname, likeness, photograph, signature and/or biographical material submitted by you to MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk.
For the avoidance of doubt, you shall continue to retain the legal ownership of all such proprietary rights in your Member Contribution(s) as vest in you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GRANT, OR DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO GRANT, TO MYMEDICALPODCASTS.CO.UK THE RIGHTS SET OUT ABOVE, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR MEMBER CONTRIBUTION TO MYMEDICALPODCASTS.CO.UK.
4. You shall be solely responsible for your own Member Contributions and the consequences of submitting, posting or publishing them. By submitting any Member Contribution to MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk, you warrant and represent that:
1. You have obtained from any patient featured in your Member Contribution, or if such patient is a minor (person under 18), legally incapacitated or deceased from a person legally authorised to act on their behalf, consent to the filming of your Member contribution and consent to the posting of such Member Contribution to the Site. All forms of consent must be submitted with your Member Contribution and should be in the format prescribed by MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk. Click HERE for the relevant consent form. We reserve the right to report to the appropriate regulatory body any instance of a Member attempting to submit a Contribution for which proper consent has not been obtained.
5. In connection with Member Contributions, you shall not impersonate another person and shall not submit or post:
2. material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing, threatening, harmful or offensive, incites racial or religious hatred, violates any law or encourages conduct that would amount to a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability and/or is otherwise objectionable;or
3. falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk or any third party; or
4. advertisements or solicitations of business
6. You acknowledge that when using the Site, you will be exposed to Member Contributions from a variety of sources, and that MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk is not responsible for the truth, accuracy, usefulness, safety of such Member Contributions or for intellectual property rights in and to such Member Contributions. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk does not endorse any Member Contribution or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed in the same, and MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Member Contributions. You further acknowledge that you may be exposed to Member Contributions that are untrue, inaccurate, indecent or otherwise harmful or offensive. You hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies that you have or may have against MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk in respect of the same.
10. Notice and Take Down Policy
1. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk reserves the right to remove, or to suspend or disable access to, Content and Member Contributions at any time without prior notice or liability to MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk.
2. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk does not permit infringement of intellectual property rights or other third-party rights on the Site, and MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk shall remove or suspend or disable access to any Content or Member Contribution if properly notified that such Content or Member Contribution infringes a third party's rights. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk shall also terminate a User's access to the Site if such User has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had a Member Contribution removed from the Site more than twice.
4. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk shall fully co-operate with any law-enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the disclosure of the identity of anyone who submits unlawful material.
1. an electronic or physical signature of the rights-owner or a person duly authorised to act on behalf of the rights-owner;
2. details of the proprietary material that is claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple proprietary materials on the Site are to be covered by a single notification, a representative list of such materials);
3. details of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, together with information reasonably sufficient to permit MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk or the relevant service provider to locate the material (including a URL and/or screen shot);
4. information reasonably sufficient to permit MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk or the relevant service provider to contact you, such as a postal address, telephone number and, if available, an email address; and
5. a statement by you that: (A) you believe in good faith that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the rights-owner or the rights-owner’s agent or by law; (B) the information in the notification is true and accurate; and (C) you are the rights-owner or are duly authorised to act on the rights-owner’s behalf.
11. Warranty Disclaimer
a. to the fullest extent permitted by law, MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk, its affiliates and licensors and their respective shareholders, officers, employees, consultants and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the site and your use of the site. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, legality, title, non-infringement of proprietary rights, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from a computer virus, operability or availablity of the content or of the content of any websites linked to the site.
b. MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk does not warrant, endorse, guarantee or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the site or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk shall not be a party to, or in any way be responsible for, monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services. as with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
12. Limitation of liability
a. your use of the site is entirely at your own risk. in no event shall MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk, its affiliates and licensors and their respective shareholders, officers, employees, consultants and agents be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages (including, without limitation, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses), whether based on contract, tort or any other cause of action, arising out of or in connection with use of, or inability to use, the site or any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the site, whether or not MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk has been advised of the possibility of such damages. without limiting the foregoing, such limitation of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from any (i) errors, omissions, mistakes or inaccuracies in any content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the site, (iii) unauthorised access to or use of MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk’s secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored in such servers, (iv) interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site, and/or (v) viruses, bugs, trojan horses or the like which may be transmitted to or through the site by any third party. if you are dissatisfied with the site or any part of it, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the site.
b. you specifically acknowledge that MyMedicalPodcasts.co.uk shall not be liable for Member Contributions or the defamatory, offensive or unlawful conduct of any third party, and that the risk of harm or damage from such submissions or conduct rests entirely with you.